For Consulting and Contact Information

For Consulting and Contact Information


If you'd like to contact me, or learn more about my Moodle, e-learning, and Blackboard consulting services, please make a quick trip to my new website at http://williamrice.com.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's published! "Blackboard Essentials for Teachers" book is finally here.

For over six months, I've worked on Blackboard Essentials for Teachers. This is a beginner's guide to the most-used and essential features of the Blackboard LMS.
It also contains a chapter that acts as a quick start guide to using Collaborate, which is Blackboard's live, online meeting and presentation system.
Like my Moodle books, this one tells a story. We start with a tour of a course created in Blackboard. Then, step by step, I show you how to build that course.
Like my Moodle books, I try to tell you not only how to use Blackboard features. I also try to tell you when to use the features, and how to fit them into your teaching strategy.
As far as I know, this is the only book for Blackboard users from a major publisher since 2006.
You can find a detailed outline, and sample chapter, at the publisher's website. The book is available in print and as an unlocked ebook. See it here.

2 comments:

Shasing19 said...

I just take a peek and I discovered your post. This teachers books sounds interesting and helpful. Big thanks for sharing this with us.

Shasing | magento developer

bestpmchennai said...


My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
ELearning services